She is a qualified Chartered Accountant and a Company Secretary with more than a decade of experience in the Foreign Exchange Management Act, RBI, Transfer pricing and International taxation matters.
She is an ardent speaker and her articles are regularly published in the Journals of several Institutes and at various other forums. She has been called more than 70 times to address various group of professionals and organizations as speaker, key note speaker or a guest speaker including forums like VCCircle.
She is Founder Director, Taxpert Professionals Private Limited, a multi-faceted consulting firm.
She is author of following books:
- Practical aspects of FDI in India published by Institute of Company secretaries of India
- Due Diligence under Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 published by CCH.
- Comprehensive Guide to Foreign Exchange Management in two volumes published by CCH.
- Practical Guide to Foreign Exchange Management published by CCH, a Walter Kluwers company.
She is regular contributor journal and website of WIRC, ICAI published monthly. She has been a scholar throughout her life, and has been awarded many awards and recognitions including “Women Empowerment through CA Profession” by Northern India Regional Council (NIRC) of CA Institute.
Backed by experience in international firms (Penguin Books, Deloitte, Rodl and Partner, CRH) she has extensive experience of handling international transactions. She advises corporate as well as government authorities in lot of intricate transactions. Rendering tax and regulatory advisory services, she has overseen and played an crucial role in the execution of complex international transactions involving issues revolving around tax, repatriation, minimization of tax exposure, Foreign Investment (Inbound and outbound) etc. She has addressed various national and international forums on Foreign Exchange laws and their implementation.
She is also on the Board of many esteemed listed companies as Independent director and is very well respected for her knowledge and her business aptitude.
She is member of Committee of International Taxation of WIRC, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India(ICAI), Member of Editorial Committee of WIRC of ICAI and Committee of women empowerment of ICAI.
She had been in the Managing committee of Platinum chapter of BNI. She is Secretary of Lions Club of Mumbai Heritage Galaxy.
areas of expertise
- Foreign Exchange Management Act, RBI
- Transfer pricing and International taxation matters
- B.Com (H) from Delhi university
- Chartered Accountant from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
- Company Secretary from Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)