Documents required for Registration under the Sales Tax Act.
- Copy of PAN Card of the Company
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum & Articles of Association of the Company
- List of directors of the Company
- Copy of Identity Proof of all the directors of the Company (Copy of PAN card is Preferable)
- Proof of place of residence of the directors of the Company (like Passport, Driving License, Electricity bill, Maintenance Bill, Voter ID (two address proofs are required)
- Copy of Board of Directors resolution authorizing the authorized signatory for filing application for registration
- ID Proof and Address Proof of the authorized signatory
- 2 latest passport size photograph of the authorized signatory
- Proof of ownership/tenancy/lease of the premises of the place from where business is being carried out alongwith Id Proof and Address Proof of the Lessor
- Details of all the places of business including branches & godowns within the state as well as outside the state
- POA in favor of a person to file the documents and represent before the department for registration
- Photocopy of the Bank Statementof the Company
- Copy of Cancelled Cheque (Original)
- List of major goods to be traded
Note – The above list of documents is common for registration to be taken in any state of India. However, any additional documents can be demanded by the authorities as per the legal provisions of that respective state.